PREFERRED VISION CARE BASIC®
Preferred Vision Care® has established a nationwide network of highly professional Preferred Providers who are well qualified in dispensing corrective vision eye wear. The Preferred Providers have contracted to dispense eyewear products to members based on a special pricing formula. The typical savings for a member will be between 5%-60% of the normal retail price of a complete pair of eyeglasses. (See examples below.)
|Single Vision||Typical Retail||PVCTM Member|
|Scratch Resistant Coating||18.00||9.00|
|Total Savings $90.55 or 46%*|
|Bifocal||Typical Retail||PVCTM Member|
|Total Savings $90.60 or 40%*|
|*The values above have been used for comparison purposes only. The actual amount of savings will vary depending on the average retail costs in the PVC Member’s general geographic location at the time of purchase.|
- Member selects the Preferred Provider of his choice – usually the Preferred Provider nearest his home or office. Local or regional directories of Preferred Providers will be issued to all PVC members. Updated listings of additional Preferred Providers are available nationally by calling a Toll Free “800” Number Locator Service.
- Member presents his approved PVC I.D. card to the Preferred Provider. An approved I.D. card provides savings for all dependents within the household. (Eligible dependents must be claimed on the member’s federal income tax return in order to qualify for coverage.)
- Member presents prescription and selects the eyewear of his choice – No restrictions.
- Member pays the Preferred Provider the specially reduced price for the eyewear at the time of purchase – No claim forms or time-delayed reimbursements. Preferred Providers within the member’s own community offer a choice of product with absolutely no restrictions on frames, color, size, style, tint or lenses. Eyewear products are available at special member only prices. Members and their dependents may purchase as often as they need or want glasses. Contact lenses are at least a 5%-20% discount from usual and customary charges. Disposable contacts allow for a minimum one time per year discount of 5%- 20% from usual and customary charges for the first supply of the year. After the initial supply, the member may be responsible for paying usual and customary charges.
Questions Answered Regarding PVC BASIC
Q. What Is Preferred Vision Care (PVC)?
A. A nationwide Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) of independent ophthalmic professionals licensed and trained to provide quality eyecare and eyewear products to members of Preferred Vision Care.
Q. How Does PVC Work? Who Can Use PVC?
A. Your PVC membership card must be presented to an Approved PVC Provider to allow all eligible members of your immediate family to purchase eyeglasses and contact lenses at substantial savings compared to non-participating Preferred Vision Care® practitioners.
Q. Are There Any Restrictions or Exclusions? †
A. There are no restrictions or exclusions. PVC applies to all types and styles of eyewear including Rx sunglasses and contact lenses. The only requirement is that you use an Approved PVC Provider in your area.
Q. What About Eye Examinations?
A. To assure quality and proper fitting, we encourage all PVC members to obtain an up-to-date eye examination from a trained and licensed Professional within the PVC Provider network. Although eye examinations are not covered by the PVC Basic Plan (the doctor is allowed to charge his usual and customary professional fee), many of the PVC Providers do make allowances for PVC members.
Q. Can My Optometrist Become a PVC Provider?
A. PVC is the largest PPO of independent ophthalmic professionals in the United States and is adding to its list of Approved PVC Providers regularly. If your Optometrist is interested in learning more about PVC, he can call 913-451-1672 and contact the Provider Resources Department.
Q. What is a Dispensing Fee?
A. A dispensing fee is the cost of fitting the eyeglasses charged by the PVC Provider. Since the PVC Provider is selling you his materials at specially reduced pricing, the dispensing fee is his charge for the time it takes to fit and service the patient.
Q. What Forms Do I Fill Out? Whom Do I Pay?
A. There are no forms for either you or the PVC Provider to fill out. Merely pay the PVC Provider the special member cost of your glasses/contact lenses at the point of service. Your savings are realized immediately!
Q. How Will I Know If I Paid Only the Special Member Cost? *
A. Each PVC Provider is under a legal contract with Preferred Vision Care to service PVC members under a special pricing formula. If you have any questions about this issue, merely call 913-451-1672 and our trained and courteous Customer Service Representatives will be happy to take care of you with a complete explanation of any/all charges.
Q. How Do I Find the Most Convenient PVC Provider Location?
A. Simply refer to the PVC Provider directory enclosed with your member I.D card. While you are online here on our web site, visit our Online PVC Provider Directory. Pick out the location nearest to your home or business and call the PVC Provider for an appointment.
Q. Whom Do I Call If I Have Any Questions?
A. Simply call 913-451-1672 and contact our Customer Service Department. We are standing by to serve you.
Q. What about Laser Vision Correction (LVC) surgery?
A. If you are interested in LVC, we suggest that you discuss this subject with a qualified vision care professional. PVC members are eligible for special LVC pricing at designated PVC/LVC provider locations. Call 877-644-9090 and identify yourself as a Preferred Vision Care® member for more information.
† PVC® allows for up to a 20% discount on disposable contact lenses from usual and customary charges for the first time supply (minimum 3 months) one time per year. After the initial supply, the member may be responsible for paying usual and customary charges.
* With respect to Providers who are participating in a Preferred Vision Care sponsored fee research and development program, member shall be entitled to purchase frames, eyeglass lenses and any/all options at guaranteed “everyday low prices” plus an additional 5 to 20% off. No additional dispensing fees apply under this research and development program.